Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Pluses and Minuses at 1:15am

Minus - a hissing noise which is obviously water running, but where? (12:15am)

Plus - I had just climbed into bed so it's not like I was sound asleep

Minus - I can't find where it's coming from...it's not any of the toilets, I didn't leave any of the faucets running.

Plus - I found it...

Minus - the hot water valve under the bathroom sink is spewing forth a wee bit of water

Plus - this apt complex has on-site 24/7 maintenance, who are now getting a call

Minus - I just stocked up on all sorts of toiletries, especially the female sort which are now getting soaked cos the wee bit of water is now rivaling Old Faithful and just as hot

Did I mention it was the hot water valve?

Plus - the female toiletries are super absorbent

Minus - EVERYTHING is getting WET while I frantically pull out the rest of the stuff under the sink.

Plus - Maintenance dude shuts off water to my apartment

Minus - water is flowing into bedroom at this point

Did I mention it was HOT water?

Plus - Maintenance dude brings wet vac and sucks up the water.

Minus - lots of things are VERY WET and instead of doing what I had planned for tomorrow (oh yeah, today), I get to dry everything out. Except the female things, there is no hope for them. Altho I think I can salvage the ones in the box that only got a wee bit wet from the first trickling of water...

Plus - he fixed it

Minus - he has to come back tomorrow (umm...today) with more sucking machines and a carpet cleaner and yeah

Plus - I have water, in all the right places

Minus - I'm WIDE AWAKE.

Plus - I don't pay for water or for the gas to heat it.

Thank you Maintenance Dude - I really wish this could have happened in the middle of the day - and thank goodness I was home when it did. It's now past 1:30am and he's still putzing round in the bathroom and here I sit. WIDE AWAKE.

Telling you all about my super absorbent female toiletries, oh and the flood of hot water in my bathroom/bedroom.

Haven't seen Kitty for a while. She's pretty much traumatized, the wet vac was pretty damn scary. Don't think I'll see her for a few days except for litter box runs and occasional munching. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. FUN!
    One of the benes of apartment living. MAINTINENCE MEN! Especially the 24/7 types.

    Love the bit about the super absorbancy! good thing you were awake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:19 PM PST

    Yikes.

    ReplyDelete