Wednesday, October 24, 2018

August Challenge: Week 1

(Originally posted August 5, 2017 on donnaschaos.com)

Just a quick update from the Kindle. I hate typing on this thing so I hope it will be short.

Things are going great, I started on the 1st as planned with 30 minutes. Lordy, I got a lot done.


What a difference 30 minutes makes!!

Definitely encouraged by my progress, but increasingly losing energy, only 1/2 the time was spent in the room on Wednesday.

Day 2 before...

Still making progress though...

Day 2 after!

Day 3 I think I only managed 10 minutes if even that. No new photo for day 3, but I can tell you that the white box in the middle of the photo is gone.

This particular area is taking longer than expected but that is totally OK. There's a lot to go through in those boxes and I am going through them as quickly as I can to make it as painless as possible. I didn't put enough time in the schedule for this area because I didn't realize what was in the boxes. Lots of things from my parents who have passed and I miss terribly along with stuff from when my son was little. He's 23 and has been on his own for several years already. This room was his room. So...Lots of emotions happening in here but it's getting better. I'm doing better while I'm in there and it's continually getting a bit easier to do what I'm doing as I go along. I have decided to put up a photo of Mom and Dad to honor their memories and I already have Spencer's painting on the wall. This idea gives me the comfort I need and keeps the emo down a bit as I carry on.

Note: OMG I just had the BEST idea of the photos I will put up for Mom and Dad. Pictures of them creating something! Now to find photos of them doing stuff like that. I'm sure I have some somewhere...

Day 4, yesterday, I took the night off. It's been a long, tough week of insomnia, busy work days and a lot of aches and pains. One can only do so much. I just might go off schedule and go in there this weekend, but we'll see what is going on.

I am happy with how the project is progressing and sometimes I just go in there and look around. Now I can envision what the room will look like and it brings a smile to my face.

Oh, and Kiko is there with me watching every move. I have found one cat toy between all the crap. The way she's acting, I know I'll find more. :)

Stay tuned, next weekend will bring another update with photographic evidence.


No comments:

Post a Comment