Friday, January 11, 2008

Should I be insulted or run with it?

Go read this article about the new rules for Drivers Licenses that we'll be coming up against soon. Go ahead...I'll be here when you get back...

While I'm ecstatic that I fall in the 'born before the date that shall go unmentioned but you obviously know now' and won't have to deal with it all until much later, I can't help but almost feel insulted that by the time this goes into effect, I will most likely not be a threat to national security.

"The over-50 exemption was created to give states more time to get everyone new licenses, and officials say the risk of someone in that age group being a terrorist, illegal immigrant or con artist is much less. " **

Hah! Tell that to the airlines and courtrooms of America. I like to knit, therefore I am a threat. They must not have gotten the memo...oh, and if you're a 'grannie that knits'...rock on grannies! You can take over the world now and no one will suspect you because you are over 50 and not a security risk.


So this all gets me to thinking then...why on earth does my 70-something year old Mom get frisked every single friggin' time she flies? She's over 50, so she's in the 'low risk of being a naughty person' category and she's not even packin' needles...asswipes.

Anyhoo, when my over 50 time comes, I've got my knitchucks...I'm in...




** Oh grrrr...since I've written this, they've changed the article that I'm linking to, but trust me, that paragraph in quotes is from the original...

No comments:

Post a Comment