Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Cast on...Bind off...

Don't forget to read the title in your best Mr Miyagi voice (as in: "Wax on, wax off" from the Karate Kid movies 1 thru 25).

Yesterday was a fine example of chaotic knitting - and you thought the title of my blog had no relation to knitting. Bah! Stick around...

First, the normal stuff. I present FO Wrist Warmers, Fingerless Gloves (whatever)... Pattern used: my own changes to a 4x4 spiral rib sock pattern from some book about sweaters that is somewhere in my apartment buried under something else, so I can't tell you the name right now. Last year, I also modified the same pattern to make my Mom some leg warmers.


Disclaimer:
This picture was not taken at work. It was taken on my kitchen table in front of a green screen and then the image of my keyboard at the office was added later.

The same things being modeled by the lovely Antonella (look out Vanna White)...


Disclaimer:
See disclaimer above. Only difference, I added in a picture of her keyboard.

Enter caffeinated tea and lots of sugar. Too much sugar actually. So much sugar that I am being denied usage of sugar until I come down from that sugar. Guess what Antonella! I added two packs of sugar to my decaffeinated tea this morning and you couldn't stop me. Muahahahaha!

But I digress...back to yesterday...

In a successful attempt to avoid laundry (3 loads of towels and sheets - do you blame me?) and since I finished the Wrist Warmers, I cast on this...of course it's a scarf...

...a scarf using the latest stash additions acquired at the Harlot outing a few weeks ago. This is gonna take a while. I haven't ever knitted with sticks so damn big, so it takes a bit of getting used to...from the way I see it, I look like Elaine (here's a Seinfeld reference for you Gary) trying to dance, only I've got big fat wooden sticks in my hand and a yarn ball rolling about at my feet. Nice visual, eh?

After about 5 or so inches of that, I switched to knitting a few rows of this...

...Om Bag 2. Notice the finished strap above the needles. I've been working on the drawstring on BART. That will be done on the way home tonight. Check out those 5mm beauties. Fifteen and a half inches of knitting love - bought in Spain back in 1985 (got yarn too - well duh!). These babies are looooong - there's no taking these on the train - I need LOTS of elbow room when I work with these suckers. Kitty decided it was snuggle time, so that ended that.

As I put away the Om Bag 2, I saw this...

...a very lonely looking RYS II. Once Kitty snuggle time was over (she ditched me after 5 minutes), I had some love left over, so I decided to give it to the RYS II...


After 5 rows (it was going on Midnight by then), I decided I'd had enough. I think it needs a bigger Ziplock bag.


Maybe tonight I'll do the laundry. Who am I kidding?

And now for a gratuitous family shot:

Me and Spencer Boy-o at In N Out. I love my Spencer and we LOVE In N Out burgers...isn't he the cutest (I mean handsomest) kid ever?

Disclaiming the disclaimers:
Believe what you want, but I will deny any of those pictures were ever taken at work. So there. Snicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment