Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Just another boring entry

The mystery gift is moving right along. It has 3 pieces, I'm done with two of them. I should be done with the last piece tonight barring any distractions like laundry, housework, or falling asleep. Then I can block and assemble and gift! This should be interesting. I haven't seamed anything bigger than a baby booty in forever. I avoid seaming - it's a sport for me. I knit either flat stuff or in the round. If this works out, I'll be on the floor passed out from shock. ha ha And I'll have a really cool gift for a really cool person.

The RYS II is humongous. Funny how one day it looks like it always has, the same size, like I'm NEVER going to finish it, etc. Then I wake up the next and it's friggin' HUGE. I'd say I've got about 20 yards or so left on this ball before I start with the beaded stuff. Way cool! I still haven't figured out how I'm going to do it yet. Do I bind off and then add a beaded edging? Sounds cool. Need to research some edge stitches, sleep on it and see what I come up with. I get my best ideas while sleeping. Seriously.

Need to search the patterns and stash for a small project by Thursday. The company is taking us to a SF Giants game on Thursday and I will be bringing along my knitting. Carrying on a family tradition of sorts. My Dad always used to tell me how his Mom would knit while listening to the games on the radio - cussing and dropping stitches the whole time. I do it already anyway, might as well throw a baseball game in the mix. The boy-o thinks it's hilarious.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:55 PM PDT

    That was boring! hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:59 PM PDT

    No it wasn't Jones!!!!!

    ReplyDelete