Friday, September 29, 2006

Yield to Knitter

I have been knitting furiously on the Kittyville hat - on the train and off. I'm such a rule breaker. This was supposed to be a commute-only project, but knitting around and around and around has been calming the beastie within and I need that right now. Oh well. I promise to put it down this weekend and concentrate on the Om Bag 2. I'd like to finish that up by next Wednesday so that the recipient can use it for his Pilates class. We'll see. Spencer is off to a friends for today and tonight and into tomorrow afternoon. Prime knitting time, but there is also lots to do around the house and it's been a rough week. I'm beat.

At the rate I'm working on the Kittyville hat, I just might have both the hat and the bag finished by next Wednesday. I can't believe this is me. I don't usually knit this much or this fast on anything (and pay attention to detail too). I like it. It gives me a great feeling of accomplishment. I started using my port-a-pocket again, so I'm knitting in line, standing on the train, up the escalator, everywhere! Giddy up!

I had the sudden (and scary) urge to rip apart the RYS II and start it over again last night - something about not liking the shape - it's too pointy and not triangular enough. Whatever. When I get really stressed or pissed (I've been both for a few days now) I just have to rip something. Sooooo....I took a deep breath, and another, and hid it at the bottom of my knitting bag. I DO NOT want to start this over again. I like it (despite it's bizarre shape right now) and I really don't think the yarn can take being ripped up again. I felt it was best to keep it out of sight until the feeling passes. I don't know how long that will take. I'm hoping that knitting on the hat and the bag will calm me down and I can get back to the RYS II next week. Instead of destroying, I will create, create, create!

Edited to add:
Sorry no photos today, just didn't feel like it. For those wanting a photo: David needs a caption for his latest gratuitous Kilt photo. He's offering a piece (of his stash people, his stash) to the one who comes up with the best one...

No comments:

Post a Comment