Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Another Pair of Socks

If you asked me 10 years ago if I knitted socks, I would have looked at you sideways and asked if you were out of your mind.

Then I started to get curious.  After a few searches online, reading tutorials, looking at books in book shops, etc, a tutorial caught my eye.  I ordered it, downloaded it and off I went.

Now, all I knit with is small needles and fingering weight yarn.  If I'm not making shawls, I'm making socks.  My fiber of choice is Merino wool.  It's the only wool I can work with and for some reason, my hands work the best with small needles.  Small circular needles in particular.  The small needles and the thin yarn feel good going through my fingers.  The needles just fly.

I love making socks.

In my newly culled stash, you will find mostly fingering weight yarn.

Tonight I took a shallow dive into the "new" stash and came out with this:


Knit Picks Felici, color "Marine Life"" which quickly became two "Marine Life" yarny cakes.


Won't be starting the knitting of the socks for the knitter's husband tonight.  I've got a headache.  Time for some ibuprofen and really need to call it a night.  Everything is all set for me to start another day.

Can't wait to get those little needles going.  I've missed knitting socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment