Thursday, October 04, 2012

Stalled

Last Saturday I was full steam ahead on the Chaos Redecoration of Spencer's Room.

These past few days, not so much.  I'm just not feeling it.  The beginning of the week was soooooooooooooo hotttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.  Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

Seriously, it was triple digits for a few days.  It is now cooler.  I am much happier.  The internal furnace (aka hot flash) was full blast these last few days, either brought on by the high temps or just because it felt like firing up full blast.

Loving the cooler temps because even if the inner furnace is ready to blow, I feel "normal".  My cheeks may be purple or red, or one in each color, but I don't feel like I'm going to singe all the hair off of my head.

Side Note: If you see me out in public, no, I did NOT lose my mirror when putting on blush this morning.  I don't wear makeup, that is my new natural coloring.

Back to being stalled.  If you can't tell, I do NOT like high temps.  I feel drained, listless and downright useless.  Since last Saturday, it was all I could do to make sure I got back home.  Therefore, nothing was done in the room.  I tried several times to get some more work going on, but as far as I got was to go into the room, stand in the middle, sigh and walk out.  There really isn't much left in the room to do.  Just need to move the bed, vacuum that corner, clean the window, vacuum the curtains (they get dusty and the vacuum is the easiest way to deal with floor to ceiling curtains), move the bed to the other wall, move the drafting/sewing desk and chair to the room, move the big metal shelf to the room, and start putting things away.

Oh, is THAT ALL?!?

Saturday it's an early trip to Jo-Ann Fabrics for some fabric (of course), and then it's back to more linen laundry and work in the room while that is happening.  I need to get that room set up as soon as possible.  I've got some MAJOR projects in the works and I really need to get them going.  This time around, we're working with the serger and the sewing machine.  It's Chaos Quilting time. I've got three to make.

Dog-size, lap-size, and Twin XL-size.

That is all.

1 comment:

  1. Gah, the weather was indeed HORRID. I'm SO VERY glad that it has decided to mellow the hell out, and I'm hoping, this being November and all, that this is the last of the 90+ degree heat until that inevitable freak 3 days in February. It zaps me of energy, I don't sleep, and my allergies hate the pollution in the air. Bring on the fall, baby! Good luck in all of your projects. :)

    ReplyDelete