Monday, October 15, 2012

The Change Begins

So the work that was supposed to happen in Spencer's room a few Saturday's ago finally happened this past weekend.  Well, most of it anyway.

Finally started in on washing all the linens as well.  I ran out of fabric softener and then had issues with soap and not enough quarters and well, I'm lucky I got my clothes washed a few weeks ago.

There was finally a trip to Jo-Ann's for the last of the fabrics I need for the quilts I'm about to start up.  Doggie quilt needed one more color, Spencer's quilt needed two more colors and I needed some cotton thread.  Once I get all the tops made, I'll be back at the store for some batting and backing for Spence's and Sis's quilt.  Mom had already bought the backing and the batting for Doggie's quilt, so all I needed was thread.  I've got a cute idea for the Doggie quilt so hope he enjoys it when it's all said and done (like he cares, he just needs a new blankie because current blankie is about to fall into even more pieces).  I'm sure Mom had just the basic quilt in mind with the pattern fabric for the top and a plain fabric for the bottom, but being a quilter, I just had to add another color, cut it all up and then put it all back together.

Sounds crazy, I know.  One of these days I'll take some photos of the quilts I have here that I've made.

OK, now for the room (it's about time, right?!?).

Here we have the room "before", with the bed against one wall, all the stuff off the wall and everything else out of the room.


And here is the room "after", with the bed moved to a different wall.  After of course having vacuumed the nightstand, the lamp, the mattress set, the frame, the ceiling, the wall, and the floor.  Nothing like a nice cleany clean room!


Tomorrow night I vacuum the drapes, clean the window, vacuum out the closet and start bringing stuff in!

Need to get moving with getting this set up because I need to get moving on all those quilts.  Can't wait to get the sewing machines all set up with organized stash shelves, and everything in its place.

It will be my first dedicated sewing/craft area ever!  It will be nice to be able to leave out my machines and not have to worry about clearing off the table and putting everything away when I'm done for the day.

I've been finding a lot of small quilted items that I've got all cut out but need to be assembled, so I just might have to set something up to sell all this stuff.

Well the ones upstairs are done exercising and practically bringing down the ceiling, so it is my turn to make noise and fire up my NutriBlast blender thingy.  Need to get breakfast ready for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment