Sunday, November 18, 2012

CKP ver 1.15

AKA the Cunning Knitting Plan in between 1.1 and 1.2.

Marine Life sock #1 has just been completed.  Sock #2 is ready for me to take it off the dpns and pop it onto my size 1 baby circs.

Defiinitely has helped having the second set of dpns to keep the socks in check while working one heel then the other.

I have decided to exchange the size 2 baby circs for a size 1 like I originally wanted to get.

The most ironic thing about this whole CKP business?

I knitted the heels one immediately after the other and they were done COMPLETELY different.  Something clicked in my brain between heel #1 and heel #2 and the pattern made sense.

Did I redo heel #1?  Of course not.  As usual, they look the same, even though my wrap and turns on the short row/increases for turning the heel were done quite a bit different for each sock.  The end result was the same - the heels got turned.

Knitter's husband won't know, and Knitter has never made socks***, so I'M the ONLY ONE who knows EXACTLY where and what is different and I'm not tellin'.

And there will be NO PHOTOS detailing the differences.  You guys only get a photo of the completed pair.

Stay tuned for that, it's coming up soon.

*** Update: Apparently Knitter has made socks waaaaaaaay back in the day, but hasn't made any since - and knowing me, I read "never made any" instead of "I have and don't like it".  My guess is that the fun went out of it since she HAD to make them and not because she WANTED to make them...that would  take the fun out of anything in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment