Monday, November 19, 2012

On Deck



These yarny cakes are destined to be black/orange/white jumble socks for Spencer.  He's a big fan of the World Series Champs, the SF Giants.  So I figured it would be cool to make him some SF Giants socks.

Do you know how difficult it is to find black/orange/white yarn?!?  Luckily for me, the World Series takes place around Halloween.  Enter plenty of black/orange/white of just about anything.  Except sock yarn.

It took me a while, but I found some.  I was hoping for self-striping yarn, but this is the best I could do so close to Halloween - a lot was sold out already.  Actually it was the ONLY sock yarn I could get in a wool I could use, that I could afford, and that - most importantly - did NOT include any other colors besides black/orange/white.

Hey now wait just a minute - jumble what?!?  (Insert sound clip of screeching brakes here.)

The color changes on this yarn happen about every 15 or so inches.  Can't really call this self-striping yarn, so I have to call it something.  So I call it "jumble".

Best part of jumble yarn?  Don't have to worry about starting it at the exact same place.  Not that it would be really all that difficult to NOT match black or orange or white stripes.  Unless you were completely in the dark.

Although lately, I'm sure I could find a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment