Sunday, November 11, 2012

Stripe Sock Save


Important non-sock-knitting note:
Today is the Veteran's Day Holiday so the Chaos would like to thank all of our Nation's Veterans for their service.  Saw some things out on the interwebs about free meals for Veterans so hope as many as possible took advantage of that and I hope that your favorite restaurant participated.


And now back to our irregularly scheduled knitting...
First order of knitting business today is to get all knitter term geek on you guys.  Where I said I had tinked the second sock?  The term should have been frogged.  I tore that sucker back.  Tink is for a few stitches, I had to go back 6 inches.

Rip it - rip it - rip it...

Ok, now that I have that out of my system, time to move on...which has been a bit difficult since my extra sock needles still have NOT showed up on my doorstep.  Tomorrow is the observed day of Veteran's Day, so they won't be showing up then either since there is no mail service.

I've had to get creative since I now have a sock on dpns and one on a wee tiny circular.  I found another pair of size 1 dpns in my stash, but they are plastic and they are a teeny bit different size than my wooden dpn ones, so I can't really use those.  I have been using them as holders though.

I won't even go into explaining how I've been moving stitches here and there and yonder and back because quite honestly I don't think I can.  Plus, I can probably say for certain, reading such nonsensical jibber jabber is not why you are reading this right now.  You are hoping for some photos.

And here you go:

Some progress in the room...the shelves have been reconfigured and the table has been moved in and set up.  Now all I have to do put all my stuff on them.  Oh is that all.



And here are the now matching socks.  I love it when the stripes match up.  I have the gussets done on one sock and am working the gussets on the second.  It has been interesting, but what I have been doing is working.




1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:10 PM PST

    I still say you should leave Spence's room a bombsite for when he comes back at Thanksgiving... PAYBACK time!! :-)

    Oh, and thank you to all the British and Commonwealth veterans too. We should remember them for more than the two minutes every year we're supposed to.

    Honey
    x x x

    ReplyDelete