Tuesday, December 06, 2011

...and she still tries...

OK, so how's the secret knitting going?

Ummmmm....

Ummmmm....

It was going along quite well.  Until.

Until the temperature dropped down into the 30's at night and my hands got so stiff and achy that not even knitting could help.  I have tried to knit in fingerless gloves, but that's not working with dpn's.

Neither is sitting on the train bundled up in every outer garment I possess and trying to knit.  I only have 20 minutes on the train, so disrobing in order to knit is not an option. By the time I do that, pull out the latest secret knitting project and get started, it's time to pack up, get dressed and run off.

Besides, everyone else on the train is bundled up in every single outer garment they possess, so there is not much elbow room.  The other day, I actually had to lean out in the aisle and knit.  That did not go well, as I was on a cabling row.

I don't want to talk about it.

And now we are having a City Inspector come out and do their yearly apartment inspection next Monday.

While I appreciate that my little town takes care of its renters, I don't appreciate them waiting until the Holidays when my apartment is a disaster while I downsize, shift things around and have boxes of Xmas decorations everywhere to come and do an inspection.

I'm supposed to be Knitting Secret Things, not cleaning up.

Jeez.

No comments:

Post a Comment