Monday, December 19, 2011

Secret knitting continues...

...I am pushing the limits here, but still knitting my little fingers off.  If I was using metal needles, I think sparks would be flying.

Not really, but the projects have been going along a lot quicker than usual.  I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with the short deadline I'm up against.

Not at all.

One project is blocking another is halfway done on the needles.  The rest are not due before Xmas, so I'm in pretty good shape so far.

I'd be in better shape if I would have started earlier, but well, I'm knitting now, that's all that matters.

Spence and I spent yesterday with family friends who came into town with their son to spend the day "in the big city" shopping and seeing the sites. 

Spence and I went earlier so I could shop for a coat. Happy to say I found one and now I won't be freezing my butt off at the bus stop in every long sleeved shirt and fleece I have with a down vest zipped over it.


One of the downsizes of losing weight is all your nice warm winter coats and jackets are too big. Don't get me wrong, clothes being too big is a good thing, but not in winter.

Anyway, we met with friends after lunch and spent more time trying to keep track of each other in the crowds than actually LOOKING at anything.


Oh, and I don't care what language you speak, I'm sure they ALL include the words EXCUSE ME or PARDON ME or THANK YOU.  We may not all speak what words you speak, but most of us can recognize good manners.

And to the guy trying to sell his "art" for money instead of begging...it was a good idea until you started yelling out random insults.  Kinda ruined the whole vibe you had going on.

Just sayin'.

We gave up on the insanity after 2 hours (not even 2 actually) and got in the car for the long journey out of downtown.  It took us longer to get from Union Square to the Bay Bridge than it did to get from the Bay Bridge to Back 40 Texas BBQ.

Where we all enjoyed the company of friends over a yummy meal.

After we waited 40 min to be seated.

No comments:

Post a Comment